Welcome to Oak Haven

Hello. My name is John Fletcher; I am the pastor here at Oak Haven UMC. My wife Gloria and I would like to take this brief moment to welcome you to the website and to our church.


Who would have imagined years ago that someday websites, email and texting would be real ways for us to stay in touch. Sure, I understand and can explain 0’s and 1’s, signals, and html, but it’s still pretty fascinating to me how we are able to communicate. Here we are; you’re at home, work or school (or wherever) reading this message I prepared on my laptop just for this moment (oh, and I’m here too in that computer generated image on the side). You and I may never share a “Good morning” or “Did you catch the game?” but we are sharing this time now.


Our church has prepared this website to provide an open invitation to you to be a part of Oak Haven. Please don’t get the wrong impression about our intentions. We love God. That love compels us to serve and love others as well. We aren’t looking for people to help pay our bills or boost our attendance numbers. When you come to Oak Haven we want you to experience the love of God. Perhaps that experience will come through a handshake, a song, sermon or a donut—all of which we have an abundant supply of.


If you’re in our neighborhood, I hope we’ve already had the chance to meet. If not, I can’t wait. Maybe you’re planning a trip to the Irving area; well, we’d love to have you visit. Use the other sections of this website to find out specific information about the church. 

For what it’s worth, if you never end up at Oak Haven that is okay. My prayer for you would be that you find a church family that encourages, supports and teaches you about the life-saving message of Jesus. If you do that here, great. If not, one day I know we’ll see you in Heaven.

Blessed Beyond Belief,




P.S. You can keep up with me here: Another John Dot Com

2 comments:

Broenze said...

Hello Mr. and Mrs. Fletcher. I'm very proud to see some familiar faces doing something positive with their lives. I'm someone you knew back in the good ole days at BHS in the band and I hope to keep in touch. I left you a message on your youtube page John so hit me back when you can. Congrats to your family and God bless! : )

Damon a.k.a. Neon Deon/Class of 93

Anonymous said...

Hi John and Gloria. I am blessed to know you, You make a positive impact on the lives of everyone you come in contact with.

Larry Crocker from Bandera