Up Walked Mercy

                                                                    Pastor Katie’s QUIPS
                                    (Questions, Understandings, Insights, Perceptions [and] Stories)
                                                             

 A Story about Mercy
                      (Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life… Psalm 23:6a)

While sitting on my patio one morning, I was greeted by my neighbor’s wife.  I see them walking and I speak to them often.   We always share pleasantries.  Yet, I had not been introduced to the wife.  On this particular morning, I was gazing at the clouds, enjoying the warmth of the morning, seeing the dew on the grass and feeling the gentle breeze.  Low and behold, the wife came up to my space, smiled and said, “Hi.  I am Mercy.”  Of course, I was amazed and thought perhaps, I misunderstood her name.  So I said, “Hi.  Did you say, ‘Mercy – M-E-R-C-Y?’?”  She smiled sweetly and said, “Yes.  I am Mercy.”  J  I looked toward Heaven and said, “Thank you, Jesus.”  Mercy gave a little giggle, just like she knew she was a special gift from God to me that morning.  So, I did what any joyful child of God would do.  I giggled too.  We continued to chat and getting to know one another better.  I remembered our exchange throughout the day. Mine and Mercy’s.

 
We never know what we will be doing, where we will be sitting, or where we will be walking when we get a special little gift from God called Mercy.  That morning, I was gazing upon God’s glory called creation.  Mercy just showed up.  My encounter with Mercy reminded me of two verses: Psalm 23:6; “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow you/us all the days of your/our lives.”  The other is 2 Chronicles 5:13; “For His mercy endures forever.”  God’s goodness and God’s mercy not only follows us, but will show up when we least expect it and in any number of ways.  My question: will we recognize her when She shows up?  For once, I didn’t miss it. I pray that when Goodness, Mercy and other of God’s Graces appear, we will recognize them.  For in truth, they do follow us and walk up to us.  Praises to God, God’ mercy endures forever. 

Grace and Peace,
Pastor Katie 

No comments: